The cover assumptions listed below, and the information you have provided for this On-Line Home cover quotation are the basis of the contract between you and AIG Europe Limited.
If you cannot agree to any of these cover assumptions, or are unsure then call us for assistance on 1890 27 27 27 (Opening Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 6pm).
You are confirming that you (or any member of your household):
- Have not in the past three years made a home insurance claim or had a claim made against you or a member of your household,
- Have not been convicted of or charged with any criminal offence other than a minor driving offence, and
- Have not been refused home insurance, had any special home insurance terms imposed, had a home insurance cancelled or had a home insurance renewal refused.
You are confirming that Your Buildings:
- Are occupied by you and your Household as your permanent Private residence and will not be unoccupied for more than 35
- Have never suffered any Flood or Subsidence damage in the past 20 years,
- Are not undergoing renovation or refurbishment and are maintained in a good state of repair with security locks fitted*
*H1 – Minimum Security Clause: It will be a condition of your Home policy that: 1. All external doors are fitted with mortice deadlocks or deadlocking rim latches; 2. All French windows and/or patio doors are fitted with appropriate security locks necessitating key release; 3. All ground floor and other accessible opening windows (excluding windows of rooms that are used as sleeping accommodation) are fitted with effective locking mechanisms, and
- Are not listed or protected structures and that the sum insured you have selected for your Buildings represents the full rebuilding cost of your Private House, boundary walls, gates and domestic outbuildings.
You are confirming that Your Contents:
- Do not include any High Value items** with an individual value exceeding €3,000 or 5% of the contents sum insured you have selected (whichever is greatest), and
- Do not include any High Value items** that total more than 33% of the contents sum insured you have selected.
**High Value Items are defined as:
Jewellery, precious stones, articles made from gold, silver and other precious metals, clocks, watches, furs, photographic equipment, binoculars, telescopes, musical instruments, collectors’ items, pictures and other works of art, rare and unusual figurines and ornaments, guns, collections of stamps, coins or medals, cameras, video, audio or home computer equipment. We treat pairs or sets of items as one item.
If you have any individual High Value items exceeding €3,000 or 5% of the contents sum insured you have selected, you must tell us so that they can be listed separately on your insurance schedule.
Additional Important Information:
- Policy excess amounts will apply. Our Home Cover Benefit Details document (DHCBD - 06/2018) sets out for you, the amount of particular loss types that you must pay yourself. This document also summarises significant cover features, benefits, limitations and exclusions of our Home Cover Policy for owner-occupied private houses.
- The Buildings Sum Insured you select needs to be sufficient to fully reinstate or rebuild your Private House, boundary walls, gates and domestic outbuildings.
- Online quotations will only be available where Buildings & Contents cover is selected (at a minimum), for all other quotations, please contact us. The latest "Guide to house rebuilding costs" issued by the Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland is a useful starting point for you to decide whether your building sum insured needs to be updated this year. Remember that the market value of your house is not the same as the current reinstatement value of your house. The reinstatement value must be sufficient to cover the cost of rebuilding your house in compliance with current building regulations
Your premium payable may be subject to a minimum premium adjustment. Our current minimum premium amounts are set out in our Home Cover Policy Summary document DHCS - 06/2018.